I’m going to tell you all something but you have to promise not to laugh – and I have bionic hearing so I’ll hear if you’re laughing. Here goes. I do not own a food processor. Not by choice. Those things are kind of pricey and when it comes to pricey kitchen gadgets, I’d prefer not to spend MY money (are you reading hubby?). Soooo everytime I go to Walmart or Bed Bath & Beyond and I do mean every time – just ask my PIC – I go to the kitchen appliance section and stare lovingly for minutes at a food processor, a crock-pot and this really sweet Mr Coffee frappuccino maker. Everytime. But moving along. So I don’t own a food processor or grinder (as this would call for) so I take to my loving Oster blender for ANY and EVERY thing including “grinding” (hey the blender has a “grind” option) my chicken breasts to make these so very flavorful and tasty burgers! Are you giggling? I hear something.
The day I made these I had enough chicken breasts on hand to NOT go back to the store just to buy ground chicken, so I decided to do my own grinding. The blender held up nicely but gave me a pasty-ish type of chicken. I did the best I could with it to season and form these patties. Once they were on the grill, they cooked extraordinarily well. So well, I plan to “grind” up more chicken breasts in my blender until I get a grinder or a food processor. I think either would be better than my poor old Oster!
Buffalo Chicken Burger
Modified from How Sweet Eats
1 chicken breast, ground or if you’re like me, blended
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp Italian seasonings
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s) plus more for after grilling
1 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
1. Season ground chicken breast with the all ingredients and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Grill for 8 minutes on each side.
3. Place on a bun with your favorite burger additions.
4. Slather patty with buffalo wing sauce and then top with blue cheese
5. Serve with carrot sticks and celery and enjoy!
Italian Chicken Burger
Modified from Paprika Red
1 chicken breast, ground
1 tbsp panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp finely ground pepper
1 TB olive oil
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 slice of mozzarella-provolone cheese
1. Season ground chicken breast with the all ingredients (except mozzarella-provolone slice) and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Grill for 8 minutes on each side. Add cheese in the last minute of grilling.
3. Place patty on bun with favorite toppings
Bye For Now…..