When I saw egg salad (sandwich) over at Sugar Dish Me , I wanted to make it right away. It looked so yummy but being I’m on my little health kick, I decided to make a healthier version of this classic salad. I made enough just for me because my PIC doesn’t eat egg salad much less to this “green” concoction so I kept that in mind. I found a recipe that I was eager to try and I must say that I’m glad I did. It’s figure friendly and it’s delicious. Heather, have no fear, I WILL be trying your recipe in the near future. You saw the damage I did over the weekend. I’m on a mission to make up for it. Hehehe.
Modified from We Are Not Martha
5 eggs, hardboiled
3 ounces plain greek yogurt
1 large avocado
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 handful baby spinach (I used mixed greens (spinach, bok choy, chards))
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil your eggs and let cool. Then peel and mash them up with the Greek yogurt.
2. Peel, pit and mash your avocado.
3. Combine the egg with the avocado.
4. Mix in the cup of spinach and the celery.
5. Add paprika, salt and pepper. Mix lightly.
This was seriously goooooooood stuff!
Bye For Now…..