I’m sipping this cocktail as I write. Haha. Just kidding. But I did make it a few nights ago (approximately 13 nights ago) and must say I was very impressed with how refreshingly delicious it was. As you might know by now, I’m a ginger fan in drinks. See my Caribbean Ginger Beer, Dark and Stormy and Moscow Mule just to name a few. After my PIC tried the Virginia Gentleman, I’ve been on a mission to somewhat make similar drinks (with the same flavors) but using other types of liquors. This drink is a result of my experimentation. It’s very gingery as you can read in the ingredient list and it’s strong because of that dark rum. There’s the hint of citrus with the lemon juice and fizz of the beer makes for a truly enjoyable and tasty drink.
1/2 cup dark rum
3 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp Angostura bitters
Juice of one lemon
2 ounces Ginger Simple Syrup
Ginger beer (not ginger ale but ginger beer) (Gosling makes a great one)
1. In a cocktail shaker add all ingredients except for the ginger beer.Cover and shake vigorously.
2. Pour half of the mixture into each glass.
3. Fill halfway with ice and add in one or two lemon wheels.
4. Continue filling glass with ice.
5. Fill the rest of the glass with ginger beer.
Bye For Now…..