When I made my delicious Strawberry Chipotle BBQ sauce in May, I was so excited to try it out with an actual dish. I mean, I had tasted the stuff using a small food but I needed a canvas, if you may, that would really allow the sauce to shine. I decided to go with some some chicken kabobs. Let me tell you how the marinade that I used with this chicken worked perfectly to make really juicy, flavorful bites. Added some BBQ sauce on the side and it was pure bliss!
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
Bamboo skewers that have soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1. In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients together.
2. Add chicken chunks to the bowl, mix around a bit, then transfer chicken and marinade to a large ziploc bag.
3. Allow the chicken to sit in the bag for at least 2 hours, then thread each piece of chicken on a bamboo skewer. Discard leftover marinade.
4. Heat your grill or a grill pan to medium high heat.
5. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Be sure to flip the skewers for even cooking.
6. A few minutes before the chicken is done, turn the heat to low and brush all sides of the chicken with your favorite bbq sauce or serve sauce on side and dip as you like.
My glorious Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce…
Bye For Now…..