So as you, my readers know, just the other day I made Coconut Milk. Geeze, let me tell you how tasty this stuff is! I used it in a Strawberry-Banana smoothie last week and I declare it was the best smoothie I have ever made. Sooo good. Because that coconut milk was so good and a little less guilt inducing than cow’s milk, I decided to experiment with pecan milk. My people, this is just gold! I have included a recipe for a smoothie and oatmeal that I used the pecan milk. You must give it (or them) a try!
Recipe From Squidoo
2 cup of raw pecans
6 cups of spring water or filtered drinking water
Agave nectar or raw organic honey (optional)
1. Soak 1 cup of raw pecans in water for 4-8 hours.
2. Drain and rinse pecans.
3. Blend pecans in batches with the same soaking water cups of water for 2 minutes at a time. For a thicker creamier milk decrease the amount of water in the recipe. For a lighter milk add more water.
4. Strain nut milk with a mesh strainer or nut milk bag into a large bowl, pitcher, or jar using a strainer or nut bag if you have one. I used a strainer.
5. Sweeten with honey or agave nectar if you wish. I didn’t add any sweeteners as the milk had a sweetish flavor to it already. Store in refrigerator for up to a week. Freeze if you plan to keep it longer.
Banana Date Smoothie
1/2 cup pecan milk
1/2 cup dates, fresh, pitted and chopped
2 bananas, sliced
1. Place everything in blender and blend. Serve in two chilled glasses.
Recipe modified from Never Enough Thyme
3 cups water
2 cups pecan milk
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup walnuts
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup chopped dates
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Bring water to boil in a pot.
2. While you wait for water to boil, add pecan milk, dates, pecans and walnuts to a blender and blend for a minute. It will be chunky.
3. Stir in oats into boiling water and cook for 2 minutes then add the blended mixture to pot along with cinnamon.
4. Cover and cook for about 3 more minutes.
5. Serve with brown sugar and more pecan milk if you wish.
Mix it up a little….
One morning I added some fruit….
Bye For Now…