My freezer literally is pecan heaven. I have so many Ziploc bags of pecans that was sent to me all the way from Georgia almost a year ago. At one point, I thought I had more pecans than I knew what to do with BUT recently I have been finding recipes to try. That Pecan Milk I made the other day was just heaven sent. It has been the perfect addition to my oatmeal and smoothies. This recipe came about as inspiration from a combo of my Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (Who remembers those goodies?) and my newly made Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. I needed a sauce for my ice cream but not just any plain fudge or caramel sauce – No, I needed a Star Studded Caramel Sauce. This one was absolute perfection!
1 cup light brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup pecans
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(I tripled the ingredients to make the batch that I wanted)
1. Heat sugar and water in a 2-quart or 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to help the sugar dissolve, but stop stirring when the sugar comes to a boil.
2. When the liquid sugar hits a dark amber color (after about 3 minutes), add all the butter to the pan. The mixture will foam up and thicken. Whisk until the butter has melted. Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat.
3. Add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate.
4. Add the sea salt and whisk until caramel sauce is smooth.
5. Add your pecans to the mix and fold them in.
6. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Warm before serving to loosen it up again.
I was seriously eating this by the spoonful *hangs head in shame* I mean….it was sooo good!
Bye For Now…..